It’s Father’s Day, June 20, 2010!
Love my dad! I will be visiting him today, with muffins in hand.
He loves these muffins. They are simple to make, taste great AND only 184 calories.
You can switch it up and use different fruit to keep it interesting.
I originally posted this in February 2009.
Got to run…time to celebrate with my dad and family!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
3. Sift together the flour and baking soda.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, buttermilk, honey and oil until creamy
5. Stir in the blueberries to the mixture.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7. Fold together with a rubber spatula until the batter is moist, yet remains slightly lumpy.
8. Pour into muffin cups and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
Servings: 12 muffins
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 60
Total fat: 6.7g
Total carbs: 29.2g
WW points: 4
Happy Father’s Day to all dads!
Peace in Baking,
Baking is my Zen…sweet nibbles for the soul