and was EXPLORED in flickr
"Flickr is an online photo management and sharing application. Flickr is a way to get your photos and videos to the people who matter to you. Basic accounts are free.
Cards, photo books, framed prints, Target pick up, DVDs, etc.
Keep in Touch
Get updates from family and friends."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So…on to baking these yummy muffins.
I also typed this recipe out as viewed in the video. The recipe directions posted online is not in the same order as in the video.
Banana Crunch Muffins
The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
Cook Time: Approx 25 -30 minutes
Yield: 18 large muffins or 23-24 regular size (2 ½ inch cup)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 extra-large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas)
1 cup medium-diced ripe bananas (1 banana)
1 cup small-diced walnuts
1 cup granola (see my post for making your own granola)
Dried banana chips, granola, or shredded coconut, optional
Finely chopped walnuts a bit of cinnamon (my preference for the topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners. (Or 24 muffin cups)
3. SIFT the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
4. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla.
5. Add the melted butter (cooled just a bit-you don’t want to cook the eggs) to the milk mixture and blend.
6. Pour the milk mixture to dry ingredients.
7. Mix well but don’t overmix.
9. FOLD all ingredients. DO NOT OVERMIX.
10. Spoon the batter into paper liners, filling each to the top. (I use ice cream scooper to fill cups).
11. Top each muffin with dried banana chips, granola, or coconut, if desired. (I prefer finely chopped walnuts mixed with a bit of cinnamon)
12. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
13. Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.
Here's a Food Network VIDEO of Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa baking the Banana Crunch Muffins.