It's Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009, 11 a.m. I'm finally baking in a commercial kitchen!
I am at a company called FOOD OF OUR OWN DESIGN.
It is located in Maplewood, NJ. Tim is the owner of this establishment.
He is very helpful and knowledgeable. I look forward to baking here often!
Here I am baking coconut cupcakes as Tim looks on.
Tim's business, FOOD OF OUR OWN DESIGN, specializes in fancy Italian cakes as well as pastries, brownies, crunch bars and custom cakes. It's a great resource for your kid's birthday party.
Address: 1988 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ 07040
• Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 3:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed
• Accessible: The entrance is at the sidewalk level.
• Payments accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Debit Card, Cash
• Products: Cakes and pastries
• General services: Catering, Phone orders, Take-out
• Specialties: Kids' birthday parties, brownies, pastries, custom cakes, mini-cakes, crunch bars
• ATM: No
• Parking: On-street: free
I'm wearing an apron with my logo
BAKING is my ZeN
...sweet nibbles for the soul
This is FOOD OF OUR OWN DESIGN in Maplewood, NJ.
Today, I baked Coconut Cupcakes
by Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten)
as a test run to see how it would turn out in a commercial oven.
Now to baking...
Check out the huge mixer and paddle used to mix the
cupcake batter...nothing like my small kitchenaid mixer.
Batter is ready to be transferred to cupcake liners.
Off to the oven to bake...
Today was a success. A good day.
For that I am grateful. :)
Peace in baking,