Monday, March 2, 2009

A birthday cake for Claudia ~ a special friend


Happy Birthday
Claudia!










It was my dear friend Claudia's birthday, which was celebrated on February 28, 2009.
I baked two birthday cakes for her. I steered away from the obvious typical sheet cakes. Instead, I baked a
German Chocolate Cake and a Pound Cake.

Everyone at the party had so many good things to say about the cakes.

The party was so much fun!
Claudia & Bob (hubby) have purchased a new home and it is so beautiful. There are so many large windows. There is an expansive, open feel to the home. It feels like nature is joining us inside the home. Their pooch Bodhi is so cute and adorable!

It was great seeing Wayne again. We always have great, fun and intellectual conversations. He's smart...and fun too.

It was great to see Joe and Terri at the party. I hadn't seen them for some time. I was so happy to see them again! I can't wait for their summer parties at their home. Like old times, sipping wine in the indoor infinity pool. WOW, love that! I look forward to meeting their new little pooch, Yogi!

Shout out to:
Doug & Margaret and baby Quincy
Andy & Cheryl and new bundles of joy...twin boys
Mark & Alejandra
Pat who works for WSJ loves baking

It was great meeting you all. Thank you for your great comments about the cakes. Maybe I can bake for you too?!





Hubby Bob and Claudia (the birthday girl)















Carmen, Wayne & Claudia (with cooking mitt in hand)










Terri, Joe & Carmen








~ ~ RECIPES AND PICTURES ~ ~






















Only crumbs left...

good sign that the cake was good!

This is one of my favorite cakes.






Elvis Presley's Favorite Poundcake

This pound cake is so delicious. It is a keeper.
Try it!



Love you all,



peace in baking,


Carmen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Party Claudia! Carmen

JOHNNY said...

GERMAN CHOC LOOKS PERFECT. TO BAD NO LEFT OVERS!

Anonymous said...

The birthday party was lots of fun and the German Chocolate Cake was super scrumptious Carmen! Claudia, I think you should have another birthday this year!
-Terri

DO NOT USE MY PHOTOGRAPHY WITHOUT PERMISSION

ALL PHOTOGRAPHY (UNLESS INDICATED) IN THIS BLOG BELONGS TO CARMEN ORTIZ OF BAKING IS MY ZEN.

PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOGRAPHY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

Thank You.

~ Carmen Ortiz - blogger (Baking is my Zen)