We prefer appetizers to an entree any day!
Now it's Saturday...off to the kitchen to bake...
1 bundt cake
Baking time: 45-50 minutes
Temperature: 350 degrees
1 - 7oz box Odense Almond Paste
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
1 10-12 cup bundt pan
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease and flour 10-12 cup bundt pan
3. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons almonds into bundt pan and set aside.
4. Grate Almond Paste.
5. Mix Almond Paste, 1/2 cup of almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon together.
6. Set aside.
7. In mixing bowl combine sugar and butter.
8. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
9. Add eggs and extract.
10. Beat until batter is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
11. Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
12. Add flour mixture and sour cream to egg mixture.
13. Beat until combined.
14. Spoon 1/3 of batter into bundt pan.
15. Sprinkle 1/2 of filling on top.
16. Spoon 1/3 of batter on filling.
17. Top with remaining filling.
18. Cover filling with remaining batter.
19. Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle of cake is clean.
20. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
21. Unmold carefully onto wire rack and cool completely.
22. Garnish with confectioners sugar. (optional)
Almond paste is made of ground almonds, sugar and some almond extract. It is used in pastries, candies and cakes.
For more recipes using almond paste, check out website http://www.odense.com/
Peace in Baking,